Are you a developer wanting to challenge an industry of old habits? Join a start-up just early enough to shape the company, but with solid funding and long-term plans!
About the role
Huma is a team of 25 employees, with full speed ahead. As a Backend Developer in Huma, you will be a part of a responsive team looking to foster an agile development process, using modern technology. With us, you get the opportunity to work with a unique concept in an untapped market. You will work closely with a highly competent team, with great ambitions and a plan to persevere.
We continuously discover new technologies and take advantage of the innovation in the industry to renew our ways of working. With us you will work in Kotlin (running in JVM), Spring, OAuth, Neo4j, MongoDB and a variety of cloud hosting such as etc. Heroku, Fastly and AWS.
Your everyday life in Huma will include
- Participating in product decisions
- Cooperating with the other platform teams and with business strategy to let us make sound decisions about our product
- Considering scalability, robustness, security and flexibility for a healthy long-term
- Providing insight on the costs in development time, complexity, and maintenance
- Helping make the right decisions for the product both short- and long-term
- Working on the API used by our client applications
- This includes the API endpoints, serverside business logic, and data persistence
- Central technologies for us are Kotlin, Spring Boot, Neo4j, MongoDB, Postgres
- As a senior member of a still small and young team, you will take an active part in both designing our architecture and making technology choices as we proceed
- Maintain an awareness of security and privacy in our product; to protect the rights of our users, who trust us with their personal information
Who are you?
- You code in Kotlin and/or Java
- You have experience with
- Spring Boot framework
- developing server applications
- Designing or working with APIs, both for client apps and third parties
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and equity involvement
- A great deal of independence to define your role and how and when how you work; as long as you get it done and we all pull together
- Offered scholarships for courses, conferences and professional development
- An environment characterised by unity, trust, support and innovation
Huma came together in 2020, and saw the light of day because the average person spends more than 1/3 of their life at work, and we want to make that part of life better, smarter and more enjoyable. Huma is here to challenge what an HR software can be. Our system has new and unique features which helps better workplace culture and engagement. We go to work every day to create value for our users.